Android - Development / Linux distro / Eclipse


I am interested in trying some Android Development and I've not had much luck getting started. I'm not much of a Linux person but I have an Ubuntu box setup that I attempted to install the android SDK and plugins for Eclipse. But I'm not having much luck getting it setup.
I'm looking for some guidance for what would be the best way for me to do this.
  • Should I use a different Linux distro?
  • Is eclipse the wrong way to go?
  • I was hoping this was a way for me to get some Linux exposure too, so I don't even know if there is a way to accomplish this in Windows, but I'm sure someone else would be interested to know that info.
I have looked at the instructions at Google, but everything I read assumes a prior knowledge of Linux, Eclipse or both. There also doesn't seem to be many troubleshooting helps.


Popular Posts